Supply Chain & Buying Assistant
We are a seeking a Supply Chain & Buying Assistant to join our award winning and growing company.
Job Title: Supply Chain & Buying Assistant
Location: Jascots Head Office, 260 Old Oak Common Lane, London NW10 6DX
Hours: 0900 – 1800 Monday to Friday, occasional weekends.
Salary: £26,000 to £29,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Jascots as a member of our purchasing team. We are an award-winning company specialising in supplying exceptional wine to the UK on-trade. We are known for our great growers and fantastic service, a hard won reputation that owes much to our purchasing team.
As Supply Chain and Buying Assistant you will report to Purchasing & Channel Strategy Director and be part of a team of 5 who work across Buying and Supply Chain to source product, strengthen our range and buy for less whilst reducing risk and maximising product availability. You will also work in close collaboration with the sales and marketing teams.
For the right candidate this role offers a great opportunity to learn and gain experience within a highly qualified, experienced and dynamic team. The purchasing team have decades of trade experience between them and include two WSET Diploma graduates. As such, they are able to support the development of the Purchasing Assistant into an accomplished professional.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Supply Chain
Securing ad hoc products from UK suppliers, especially fine and rare wine, as well as craft beers and artisan spirits
Placing UK purchase orders; booking stock into the system from suppliers, bond transfers and customer returns
Ensuring seamless vintage changes
Participating in monthly and quarterly stock takes
Shadowing and deputising for Supply Chain Manager as required
Preparing detailed harvest reports, obtaining pricing proposals from suppliers
Supporting during negotiations and/or taking responsibility for a specific region/country
Organising and gaining supplier support for client and colleague visits to wine regions and other marketing initiatives
3. Product development
Identifying alternative growers; researching and planning trade fairs and other in region visits
Preparing tastings and record panel scores to feedback to growers
Collating and communicating product and grower selling points
4. Staying safe and legal
Understanding and implementing HMRC Excise due diligence as well as Quality Assurance and Control policies
Demonstrating we know our suppliers and products and keep records to this effect
Sampling/inspecting all new products and vintages before they go on sale
- Ability to manage several projects, work to tight deadlines and prioritise according to business need
- Highly numerate and strong grasp of MS Excel
- Determined, tenacious and keen eye for detail
- Great communicator and relationship manager
- Prepared to travel (based in NW10, some travel abroad)
- Passion and interest in wine and restaurants
- Relevant commercial experience i.e. supply chain/selling/buying/brand management
- Fluency in 1 or more of Italian, Spanish, French, German
- Ability to assess quality and value in wine and/or winemaking or grape growing exposure
- WSET (or equivalent) wine qualification
- Knowledge of import/export issues such as customs & excise, currency and shipping
- Knowledge of alcohol legislation & regulation
- HACCP and audit expertise
- Full driving license (valid in the UK)
Other benefits include:
- 23 days’ holiday entitlement that increases to 26 days and time off in lieu of any weekend working
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Discounts on our great range of wines
- Funded and/or part funded professional development courses
Jascots Wine Merchants Limited is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply: Via email with CV & covering letter to Adam Porter, Purchasing & Channel Strategy Director – firstname.lastname@example.org