ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CONTROLLER – PART TIME
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at Jascots as Accounts Payable Controller.
Job Title: Accounts Payable Controller
Reports to: Finance Manager
Salary: £25,000 negotiable depending on experience
Location: Jascots HQ, The Observatory, Old Oak Common Lane NW10 6DX
Hours: Part Time - Working hours are flexible: 4 day working week 9 hours inclusive of lunch and breaks either side of core hours between 09.00 to 16.30
Start Date: 26th August 2019
You will be part of a dynamic Finance team of four, working alongside the Credit Controller, Finance Manager and Financial Planning and Analysis Manager to deliver high quality financial reporting, maintain the Accounts Payable function, and collaborate with other departments to drive Jascots’ business forward.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Manage the accounts payable ledger, preparing supplier payments, planning currency requirements and supporting the Finance Manager on cash flow planning.
- Help towards delivering the monthly Overhead Management Accounts Pack and commentary, adhering to deadlines. Analyse variances, identify potential concerns and communicate implications with Heads of Departments.
- Assistance in preparing schedules for audit, including liaison with auditors where necessary.
- Review expense postings to ensure accuracy and legitimacy, working with budget holders to resolve any identified issues.
- Providing assistance with month end close and reporting.
- Identify potential opportunities for process improvements across the function.
Required knowledge, skills and competencies:
You will have Advanced Excel skills and be comfortable using finance systems and have well-developed communication skills with the ability to explain Financial principles and engage with non-Financial Managers. Eagle-eyed ability to pick out inaccuracies and exacting attention to detail.
Strong interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships and represent the Company appropriately to external and internal stakeholders.
Most importantly, you will be joining a growing independent business and a passionate and positive team with a keen sense of fun, and should share these values.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join an award winning company that specialises in supplying to the UK on-trade. Applicants need to be naturally numerate, analytical and it will help if you have a good sense of fun. Our team is friendly, knowledgeable and very resourceful; they can solve almost any challenge presented to them by our customers. Other benefits include:
- 23 days holiday entitlement that increases with service to 26 days (pro-rated based on working hours)
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Support towards gaining vocational qualifications (AAT/WSET/CIPS)
- Discounts on our great range of wines
Jascots Wine Merchants Limited is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply: Via email with CV & covering letter to Lauren McEwan, Finance Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org