Role: Warehouse Operative
Hours: Monday - Friday 9 hours a day depending on shift (early shift starts at 0600, late shift starts at 0900) and Saturday & Sunday rotational work
Location: NW10 6DX
Contract Type: Permanent - full time
You will be working as a member of our small, tight knit Warehouse Team as an integral part of our wider business. The role is physically active and therefore you must be fit and healthy as you will be picking and packing boxes of wine throughout the working day, climbing ladders and operating machinery. You will also be expected to load and unload vehicles and will be tasked with variety of manual tasks that are associated with Warehouse and Business Operations. You will be best suited to working as part of a team, have great communication skills, a ‘can do’ attitude and be able to use your initiative to solve problems for all internal and external stakeholders.
The Jascots team pride itself in being well organised, well-disciplined and proactive and you will be part of a valued and highly respected team. You will have good literacy and numeracy skills and you will be able to communicate at all levels. You will occasionally need to work on your own and therefore must possess the highest levels of integrity, reliability and trustworthiness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Recent experience within the warehouse industry
- Successfully working within a team
- IT literate
- A great attitude in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict timescales
- Ability to get to the place of work early in the morning
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Trained forklift operator preferred
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join an award-winning company that specialises in supplying the UK’s restaurants, hotels and catering companies. Applicants need to have a good sense of fun. Our team is friendly, knowledgeable and very resourceful; they can solve almost any challenge presented to them by our customers. Other benefits include:
- 23 days holiday entitlement that increases with service to 26 days (pro-rated based on working hours)
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Support towards gaining vocational qualifications (AAT/WSET/CIPS)
- Discounts on our great range of wines
Jascots Wine Merchants Limited is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.